Thursday, June 7, 2012

Reflections on Primary Results

I wish to congratulate Democratic primary winners, Rev. Tracy Brown and Council President Adrian Mapp.

Although Rev. Brown was not my candidate of choice, I wish her well in her political future. Plainfield needs her to be a strong, thoughtful leader who will fight for the community to have the people and processes in place necessary to create long term, meaningful change.

I am extremely grateful that the governing body will have the invaluable leadership of Councilman Mapp. Plainfield needs him to continue to juggle the complex tasks of working with a difficult administration and finding common ground on important initiatives.

Although there is a general election in November, these winners will likely be sworn-in next January. Let's all encourage the incoming Council to work closely together for the sake of positive change.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Thank you, Annie for your service. Good luck with graduate school, I've been there and did it. I hope we see you again with your good ethics and positive attitude. I'm doubtful about the near future, but am greatful for your service.

Bob Bolmer

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Annie for your service to the city of Plainfield, I know it was not easy, but worth taking a stand and that you did with grace. May all your future endeavors come to pass and may you be continually blessed with the Lords Favor. You are such a great example to all young girls. Continued Blessings and Thank You again.

Jaclynne Callands

Anonymous said...

You will be sorely missed. You are a perfect example that age and wisdom are not synonomous.

I hope the other council members (2 come to mind), will at least try to follow your example of putting Plainfield first.

Best wishes and good thoughts on your next adventure. Selfishly, my fondest hope is that you will return to Plainfield politics.

God Bless.